…to the 8th International LAMS & Learning Design Conference webpage.
The 8th International Conference will be held at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore after the success of the seven previous International LAMS Conferences from 2006 to 2012; four European Conferences (2007 – Greenwich, 2009 – Cadiz, 2009 – Milton Keynes and Oxford in July 2010) as well as the 2011 Asia Pacific Conference held at NTU, Singapore. .
This 8th International LAMS and Learning Design conference will be held as part of The International Council for Education Media Conference (ICEM) 2013. ICEM is an international organization that brings together global expertise in the field of educational technology. Its annual conference is an interdisciplinary forum that provides opportunities for educators, researchers, media producers, and practitioners to meet and debate issues that relate to educational technology. We invite you to participate in this prestigious joint event and submit your paper, poster, roundtable or workshop for presentation.
The 8th International LAMS and Learning Design conference will be organised as the Learning Design Strand of the ICEM Conference which will be organized by the Nanyang Technological University, in collaboration with the International Council for Educational Media..
Call for papers...
Submissions for papers and presentations for LAMS & Learning Design strand of ICEM2013 are now open. (Submissions for other strands of ICEM2013 should be made through http://icem2013.elite.sg/ The deadline for abstracts to present in other strands at ICEM is 31 March 2013).
- Monday 1st July, 2013
Submission for papers and presentations for LAMS & Learning Design strand are due.
The submissions for this strand should be submitted to:
Opportunities for Publication
Accepted papers will have 3 opportunities for publication:
- Papers accepted fro the LAMS & Learning Design strands will be included in the edited Conference Proceedings for the 8th International LAMS & Learning Design conference.
- Selected papers may be included in a special Book on the conference theme to be published.
- Selected papers may be invited for possible inclusion in the Educational Media International journal (peer reviewed scholarly journal).
Research Paper Presentations
(Presentation time, 15 approx minutes, 10 minutes discussion) Research papers (6-8 pages) will be double-blind reviewed. Both papers and abstracts will be included in the conference program and proceedings. If a paper is accepted following the review process, authors will be given additional time to submit the final version for the conference proceedings. The guidelines and templates for authors are available below.
Presentations (abstract only required)
(Presentation time: 15 minutes, 10 minutes discussion) In these sessions presenters discuss and demonstrate how the conference themes apply to their own learning strategies, techniques, issues and solutions. This is an opportunity to inform attendees about the lessons learned and future plans from those who have designed, developed, and/or implemented. Abstracts will be included in the conference program and proceedings.
(Presentation time, 40-60 minutes, including discussion) A panel, consisting of 3-5 people (including the chair), present their views on a common theme, issue, or question, and then discuss it with the audience. The panel must present an opportunity for the audience to hear well-reasoned arguments and discussions about pertinent topics as seen from a variety of viewpoints. For example, a panel discussion may present arguments in support of, and in opposition to, an aspect of learning design. Papers (6-8 pages) can be submitted for a panel session and they will be double-blind reviewed. Both panel proposal and any paper will be included in the conference program and proceedings.
Poster display panels will cater for A0 size, 1189 x 841 mm, and landscape orientation is recommended. Poster presentation proposals should not exceed 2 pages. If accepted by the Conference Committee, the proposals will appear in the Conference Proceedings. Whilst poster presentation proposals must be in MS Word format, your A0 sized poster for display at the Conference may be prepared with any software and does not have to be submitted to Committee. The printing and production of the poster is the responsibility of the author/authors.
The ICEM2013 conference theme 'we-Learning: Content, Community and Collaboration' recognises these pervasive and rapid changes that are having a profound impact on education and society. The LAMS & Learning Design Conference Strand will provide delegates with the opportunity to discuss these themes in the context of Learning Design.
- What tools, pedagogies, teaching and learning strategies do we need for the future?
- Where does LAMS and Learning Design fit within the new models?
- What can experience with LAMS tell us about teaching and learning?
- What are the challenges for individuals and organisations?
- Where will Learning Design concepts take us now?
- What can we learn from efforts to create generic learning design patterns?
- Where to next for the ideas in the Larnaca Declaration on Learning Design?
- Open source and open design
- Open sharing of Learning Designs: Open licensing and Creative Commons
- Finding the tools and pedagogies for the next generation of e-learners
- Using Learning Design for strategic change in education
- Building communities of practice - opportunities and challenges
- Issues of collaboration and generating new knowledge
- Sharing and reuse - barriers and questions of practice
- Learning Design and the Library of the Future
- Who controls the curriculum?
- Student and teacher generated designs
- Lessons learnt from K-12
- Future directions and the needs of vocational and professional education
- Technical standards, architecture and tools
Guidelines for Authors
The call for submissions for LAMS & Learning Design strand is now open.
Note: Final due date for all papers, presentations and proposals: Monday 1st July, 2013.
Submitting your LAMS & Learning Design strand conference papers and presentation proposals
Final versions for publication will be due 1st July, 2013 and should be emailed to: Leanne.Cameron@mq.edu.au.
For more information, email: Leanne.Cameron@mq.edu.au.